Project title: Global foundations for reducing nutrient enrichment and oxygen depletion from land based pollution, in support of Global Nutrient Cycle
Project Objective: To provide the foundations (including partnerships, information, tools and policy mechanisms) for governments and other stakeholders to initiate comprehensive, effective and sustained programmes addressing nutrient over-enrichment and oxygen depletion from land based pollution of coastal waters in Large Marine Ecosystems.
- The development and application of quantitative modelling approaches
- Systematic analysis of available scientific, technological and policy from key nutrient source sectors such as agriculture, wastewater and aquaculture
- Application of the modelling analysis to assess the likely impact and overall cost effectiveness of various policy options such as Tool Box
- Application of this approach in the Manila Bay watershed
- Establish global partnership on nutrient management